Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stroke Forum

sudden double vision.......

Hi there...looking for some advice. I have a history of migraines with aura usually zig zag lubes and liquid vision....but about an hour ago I was driving and had pressure in my right eye and severe double vision...I had to pull off the road. It lasted about a minute. I have a very slight headache...but nothing else. Could this be a mini stroke? Should I go to the ER?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2012
Hello,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. I can understand your concern but you see your symptoms are pointing towards the diagnosis of ministroke or transient ischemic attack. It is due to a short compromising of the blood supply to a particular area of the brain. Symptoms vary with every individual depending on the area of brain involved. It can vary from weakness, numbness and tingling to aphasia or loss of vision. Please ensure that you don’t smoke at all, if you’re doing so. Please consult a neurophysician and ideally you should get an MRI of the brain done. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2012
Hello,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. I can understand your concern but you see your symptoms are pointing towards the diagnosis of ministroke or transient ischemic attack. It is due to a short compromising of the blood supply to a particular area of the brain. Symptoms vary with every individual depending on the area of brain involved. It can vary from weakness, numbness and tingling to aphasia or loss of vision. Please ensure that you don’t smoke at all, if you’re doing so. Please consult a neurophysician and ideally you should get an MRI of the brain done. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stroke , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.