I have had hypertension for about 10 years [I am a female of 68 years] have been on meds the whole time [Amlodipine and Benazapril] but did not suffer any symptoms. For the last 3 months, suddenly I have nothing but symptoms. I can barely do anything the least bit stressful without my pressure raising by 10 points. Nearly every day I have a pressure in my skull and face. If my sys. goes up to 145 or my dias. hovers around 90, the bad sensations start and I can hardly stand it. It feels like my head is about to explode--even though I know those are not even very high readings. Has anybody else experienced sudden symptoms like this--and what did you do about it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 31st, 2014
I started taking Amlodipine when diagnosed, and could not tolerate the medicine at all
Same symptoms where my head had a great deal of pressure
I switched to other medications, and now I can barely walk
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....