Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Sudden Adverse reaction to alcohol?!

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hello, this is my first post here! I just wanted to see what info I can gather on my current health concerns. First off, I am 23 and male. I have recently, including today, been experiencing terrible symptoms from beer. I used to drink a fair amount the past 3 years, paired with emotional and mental issues following a breakup, i began abusing alcohol for a few years. I would have hangovers, some terrrible ofcourse. I have stopped drinking mostly but have tried to enjoy a SINGLE beer and sometimes less before i begin to experience sudden and prolonged symptoms lasting sometimes a week after.

My symptoms are disorientation, foggy head, anxiety, blurred vision, difficulty sleeping, general malaise, dizzyness/ spinning, hot flashes, ears ringing. I just feel really terrible. Sad

I just want to know if it could be something serious or whether i should just treat it as an allergy and ofcourse avoid it from here on out, as i will do.

thanks for any input.


Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2017
Welcome to e health forum.

It is not possible to make a diagnosis from the limited history and without a physical examination.

Your symptoms are more likely due to unrelated medical issues which need to be assessed by a proper physical examination.

It would be best to consult the treating doctor and seek a proper clarification about your doubts.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.