Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Suboxone empty wrapper turn in to dr

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
I have a SERIOUS problem with this. I make the right choices in correcting my way in life and i take so many screenings (that I PAY FOR) where they can determine that i am taking my correct dose in a daily basis to know that i am not selling them, and still i am now told i have to turn in my trash to my doctor, who by the way is keeping them in a box on a desk in a patient room where the patients are ALONE with these empty wrappers. If i am going to be forced to turn over my TRASH wrappers from my medication strips, they should be shredded right there in front of me that way i can be sure no one is stealing them to set me up for something.Let's be honest, my 6 year could tell you that an easy way to get around this "bring in your trash" rule that the program is forcing us into, would be to sell it and only sell the strip and keep your wrappers. Now, of course because i am intelligent and can see how obvious that would be, if i say that out loud, OMG well of course i must be someone who is doing it right? WRONG! I am simply frustrated that i pay for insane amounts of urine and blood test where my doseage and intake can be calculated to KNOW that i am not someone who is selling this medication, so to force me to keep track of MY TRASH and turn it in, is like a slap in the face when i am someone who for YEARS and YEARS now have never tested bad or as they call it, HOT. or Dirty. I'm clean and now i feel like i'm being accused of being a dealer. WHO IN THE HELL would ever buy this on the "street" anyway. Seekers are looking for a high and this is the opposite. This isn't something that i would imagine there is a market for on the "black market". Of the 6 doctor's I spoke to with my municipality this week, mine is the only one forcing us to do this. Mine is the only one that makes us take this many screenings. I AM PROUD OF MY DOCTOR THAT HE DOES THINGS BY THE BOOK, but so much of this program is not at all anonymous like they claim. If i had ever tested bad in the last 5 years then MAYBE i could imagine these extreme request that is just another stress marker on our daily list and for most people adding these anxiety triggers are dangerous and they are just asking for relapse. Do they not think it through? Isn't this program expensive enough? don't we jump through enough hoops? Those of us who have been on the straight and narrow for YEARS with no slips and take as many screenings as we do should not be given this extra and unnecessary thing to worry about. As i previously stated, with the right testing on the our given samples, you can very easily test our output to know we take our doses.Of those same amount of doctor's that i am taking stats on, They are giving an estimated amount of 2 random screenings per patient over the course of 3 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! On that, i am glad my doctor is diligent that way if it ever comes up, i can PROVE my sobriety. If enough of us bring up this issue and why this turning in our trash is ridiculous, maybe we can make a change. These are my feelings and i am open and curious to chat with people and the doctor's on this site about it. I would like some constructive criticism. I feel so hurt and offended that a person who is sober this long, such as myself, would be forced to do this. I'm so offended and insulted especially when a 6year could show you how to get around it. it's ignorant in my opinion but that's just my opinion. These ridiculous hoops are why people don't come forward. That and the cost. Why do they keep making it harder. I understand they have to make a living but if they are in this for the money, they should be ashamed.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply