Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Submucosal lesion in cecum

User Profile
I had a colonoscopy and they found a sessile, 10mm submucosal lession in the cecum at the port where the appendix used to be. the MD tried to sanre it but it was not possible. I wake up in the rcovery room and blood is drawn right then and there, a ct scan of the abdomen is already scheduled for the next morning and I am to see a surgeon this week. since I was kind of out of it I didn't ask any questions, but, why all the hoopla over something as small as 10mm's, it has kind ofgot me worried now, even though I will know what's up by the 19th.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2009
Colon Cancer Answer A6815
You would have to review the pathology report from the colonoscopic biopsy in greater detail. Since your doctor has already ordered a CT scan and a surgery consult, I presume that this sessile polyp has either malignant or pre-malignant changes in it, and that you may, therefore, require removal of a portion of the right side of your colon.

Please do ask for more details about the pathology results from this biopsy, and the best of luck to you.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS
A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Colon Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.