Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Stupid I know, but results for infection returned negative.

User Profile
I am a 26 year old man and about a month ago, I had unprotected sex with two different men in the same week. Stupid I know. About a week or so later I noticed several bumps on my penis: one on my shaft and two different ones on both sides of the base of my penis. They are incredibly itchy at times. When I scratch them it feels good in the way that scratching a mosquito bite would. In fact, that's what I thought they may be.

When they did not go away within the first week or so I thought it might be herpes. I got tested at a free clinic in NYC and my results for infection returned negative. I am uncertain what they tested for. I looked into herpes symptoms and itching is a sign. However, these mosquito-esque bumps are not painful, there is no burn when I pee, or anything else out of the ordinary. They are just itchy bumps.

Please help! is this normal? Is it herpes? If you are not certain by this description, what else could it be? How can I treat it?

Thank you in advance.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 31st, 2012
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A38282
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am glad to help you out. Small red dots on the glans and shaft of the penis are likely angiokeratomas of Fordyce. These are produced as a result of the deformities of the capillaries (small blood vessels). These are not infectious and require no treatment. Anyhow, I’ll suggest consulting a dermatologist for the same. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.