Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Struggling a long time , in and out of hospital - eating lit

User Profile
I have been struggling a long time now,been in and out of the hospital alot.Have been in therapy and its just not helping.I have reached a point where it has been about 2 month since i have eaten except for some celery sticks and i drink alot of coffee.So my question is how long do i have before my body starts to shut down?I am already having pain and discomfort in my arms and legs and im very very irritable.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 20th, 2010
Coffee too many times, dehydrates your body and makes you feel weak. Consider a small cup of milk without sugar for better recovery.
|

replied July 21st, 2010
Experienced User
your body is shutting down, try the foods which you used to like eating, also try eating herbs, it sounds strage but they are briliant for nutrents, on bad days i find i am craving these rather than other things. if you try a little your body will work out what it needs. if you are having pain and things contact your specalist as it sounds like intervtion is needed now, or go to your local hospital they can help too in emerganys.
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....