Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Immune Disorders Forum

Struggle for 2+ years with hives, hair loss, extreme aches

Hi! Long story short, I used to work on a cruise ship (hectic schedule) and one day I started feeling really sick. I felt achey in my lower back spine area and then my face got really itchy. It swelled up and I broke out in hives all over my body. I had a high fever. The doctors on board thought it was an allergic reaction. This went on for weeks. My contract ended and the hides subsided. I then had to get a biopsy on my cervix (unrelated), and when I got home I had severe cramping, I threw up, my scalp started burning, my hair started falling out, and once again I was covered in hives. I went to an allergist who took bloods and discovered my ANA was positive. I went to a rheumatologist who tried convincing me it was allergies but tested me for autoimmune disorders. Nothing came back positive. I basically gave up and just put up with the hives. I got a new job as flight crew which I'm able to get adequate rest with, but recently I worked two red eye flights in a row and started feeling ill. I got naseuous, went to bed, woke up with hives on my face and stomach, and my scalp burning and hair falling out. I was also so achey I felt like I had run a marathon. I'm so discouraged. I can't find anything online about this. The only thing I know for sure is it happens whenever my immune system is compromised and I'm exhausted. My next plan is to go see a Lyme literate doctor as I had Lyme as a child and think maybe it recurs when I'm sick. Any input would be appreciated. If its any help, I'm female and 24 years old.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2018
Experienced User
It is necessary to pass all the tests and pass the examination.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Hair Loss
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....