I woke up this morning and my left arm was numb and the left side of my head. Is this a syptom of a stroke? If so, what do I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 23rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You should always see a doctor if you suspect a stroke. Changes in speech, ability to walk, sudden numbness and paralysis on one side of your body, severe headache, confusion, and visual changes are all signs of a stroke. Go to an ER if you experience these things. You should go to a doctor. A CT scan can rule in or rule out a stroke. It is worth a look see.
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2008
Supporter
Was it temporary? Did you have the pins and needles feeling? And, most importantly, did you sleep in a weird position. I know that I've woken up in the morning with a numb arm and side of my face if I sleep funny.

If it stayed numb for a prolonged period (I'd say more than 15 minutes), there's something more that's going on, and I'd suggest seeing a doctor. Especially if it's prolonged or recurring.
|
Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....