I recently made an emergency room visit about 2 months ago due to numbness in the left side of my face. During this occurrence I also felt like I may feint but did not have slurred speech, vision impairment, or other symptoms common of a mini-stroke. I had worked 13 hours that day outside in 100 degree weather (as a Field Geologist). I had an EKG, CAT scan, blood work, x-ray done, which revealed any correlation with a mini-stroke. My blood pressure while laying in the hospital bed was 120/68 during the duration of the night. The entire event lasted about 3.5-4 hours. The doctor didn't want to rule out mini-stroke even though I am 25 but interpreted the event as either a panic attack or TIA and recommended me to a neurologist. I am planning to see one after I get insurance in a month. Since then I have lost weight (25 pounds off of 6 foot 2 frame originally 265) and am eating healthier with daily exercise. My question is how to pinpoint the difference between a panic attack and a mini stroke? and what your opinion is on my situation.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi NewtonDig and welcome to ehealth: I am sorry, but not being a physician I cannot pinpoint the difference between a panic attack and a mini stroke....They are very similar in many ways....However, I do want to congratulate you on what you have done in taking off 25 pounds and changing your eating as well as your life style...What you have done is not easy to do...It takes both determination and a tremendous will power to say "I am going to do it" and do it...Kudos to you.....Take care....

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied November 2nd, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. I think those feelings were due to too strenuous workout and hot humid weather. Its unlikely to be stroke i cant see any risk factor in it and cant see any reason to correlate it with stroke. You need not to worry about any thing.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|

User Profile
replied November 21st, 2019
Experienced User
Yeah you need to stay focus on the health care program you are doing right now you dn't need to worry too much about it..
|
Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Panic Attacks , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.