i recently moved in with my bf and im on cash aid im stressing because he asked me for rent money but i dont have enough i cant go back to my family's either idk what to do what should i do ? help
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jingjang
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied September 17th, 2013
Experienced User
what kind of bf asks you for money knowing that you barely have any?
sounds like you need to dump him and if you can't go back to your family (have you asked them?) then go to a friend.
|

replied September 22nd, 2013
Extremely eHealthy
The same rent has to be paid whether you live with your boyfriend or not. If he needs or just wants you to pay rent he should have spoken before you moved in. It is not fair and is completely unjust of him to raise the subject after the event.

It would be reasonable of him to ask for a contribution to food costs and the addition use of utilities and again this should have been sorted out before you moved in.

It sounds as though he is as immature as you seem to be. You should have expected to need to pay for at least some of his additional costs. It is unromantic discussing finances but settling such things early helps keep love alive.
The realities of life must be dealt with sooner or later and it is best to do these things sooner.

You didn't say why you can't go back to your family?
Often it is a case of misplaced pride that prevents this. Everyone is permitted to make a mistake so if it is possible to make an apology and go back it is the best course to take.

Good luck!
|

replied November 13th, 2013
learn from your mistake, next time make better agreements before moving in with someone..
|

replied December 23rd, 2013
Experienced User
Relationships are a huge issue in our lives - and throughout our life - relationships with our self and relationships with others.
Sending love to your boyfriend is also understanding him but, you must consider your true happiness. Go on what you think will make you happy and make a stand to your decision.
|
Tags: Depression, aid
Quick Reply