Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Stress when unable to exercise

as people maybe aware.i have issues around food,not saying whether i suffer an ED or not because i obviously cant self diagnose
people know i tend to vomit after meals in order to keep control
what people might not know is that i also have an exercise routine i like to stick to.i feel very anxious if i cant stick to it,anyways my friend kept asking and asking me to come spend the night at hers,( why she cant come to me is beyond me)i kept putting it off because i knew it was disrupt my exercise routine making excuses like i couldnt afford to get there,she lives miles from me,but then she offered to pay so i felt i had no choice( its not because i dont want to see her its because i dont want to miss out any exercise)i managed to do some exercise before i got to hers,obv i couldnt do any when i was there or she be wondering what i am doing,( i did manage to sneak some sits ups in when she went for a 30 minute bath)anyways she brought a pizza from dominos and obv i didnt want to eat it but because i felt rude if i didnt,i did,i did manage to vomit some of it out,anyways next morning i weighed myself and found i put on 3 lbs may not sound much but to me it was,all i could think was this is because of that damn pizza this is because of i didnt do enough exercise(i was told this kind of behaviour eating then being annoyed next day is the behabiour of someone on a diet not someone with an ED,thats why i cant diagnose myself with an ED) i just got really anxious about it,all i could think of was i need to get home now,do some exercises,but it was snowing and i panicked i wouldnt be able to get home.i said to my friend il have to walk back and she said oh am i that boring,,i said its not about her,luckily the bus came but when i texted her to apologise she didnt reply,,i feel really bad but i just wasnt thinking clearly
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 31st, 2010
Experienced User
I'm no dr but if food and exercise consume your life to the point that it disrupts things like relationships and causes that much anguish you may have ED. I'd advise you to seek therapy ASAP.
|

replied January 31st, 2010
thanks for your reply.
my friend still wont answer her phone,maybe shes out.
|
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....