OK.. so I have been batteling depression since I was 13 (suicidal even).. at that time the doctors put me on Risperidol (which i dont remember why among other medications. My mom passed away when i was 19 and thats when things got bad.. i stated to see things that where not there,... blood in the shower.. and greasy axsel in the back seat ( i thought my ex husband had burt our baby and put him in a bag in the back seat) I feel things in the dark with me all the time. I run in the dark because i feel like something is running after me. I try to tell myself its not real but then i have a hard time breathing because I have anixety attacks. And just resently I have been hearing screaming in in my head.. I am now 28.. I laugh at my current husband when he crys .. I cant help by smile.. i dont mean to... i have no epathy most of the time.. i am always thinking people are talking about me.. ( my dad is schizophrenic) can this all be stress ?? depresson?? I need guidance cause my husband doesnt know about the screaming and It is effecting our marrage cause I dont want to be close... Any advice would be great .. thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 17th, 2010
Well it seems like its more than stress. Sounds like a mental illness. The hallucinations thats a symptom of psychosis. seems you have paranoria ex. feeling like people are talking about you.panic attacks...depression..

could be bipolar disorder or something..maybe schizophrenia.since you dad is schizophrenic..it can be very genetic..it is for me..my grandfather on my dads side is schizophrenic..i have schizoaffective disorder..which is depression+mania of bipolar+psychotic symptoms of schizophrenia.. ex.hearing voices in ur head

I'm not a doctor..I don't know you...So its hard to say what exactly is going on with you..but you should definately seek some kind of help..i suggest a doctor,meds, and therapy. Smile group therapy is good too..its helped me alot Smile But, please get some help..its not good to deal with all that...and until you can get professional help meds ect..when u see or head ect bad things or things that scare you...you already no its not real...so u dont have to remind urself...so tell urself its not real once...dont dwell on it..and thing of something or someone or a moment that made u really happy...think about how... it felt..try to visualize what it look like,..smelled ...etc with ur eyes closed...you will relax and forget about it..and wont be scared anymore...i promise it works..it takes some practice though..but its worth a try...
|

replied November 26th, 2010
i'm just 16 but i have schizoaffective disorder witch is basically a combination of schizophrenia and depression/bipolar. It sounds to me it could be what i have or maybe severe depression.
|

replied May 27th, 2011
Stress/depression question
Hi Rahulsey,
stress and depression go hand in hand. Chronic stress can easily lead to depression. I've explained more about it on the site , which has more information about stress, depression, anxiety and low self-esteem. Interestingly, stress and depression look similar under an MRI scan - the same part of the brain is active. One idea is that depression is like an entrenched stress response.
Guy
|
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....