Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

stress caused me sudden memory and weight loss

User Profile
i am 18 years old.. my past is mostly gone in stress, and anxiety, and the reason behind that is homosexuality, i wanted to overcome this but, it overcame me, i expected alot to my one friend, loved him truly (i don't know that i had gay feelings)
but he used me, and that ruined my life,, i had cancelled all contacts wit him now.. but that has effected my brain too much.. every good looking boy attracts me,, i can reduce that effect , but the stress , caused me sudden memory loss, i am a little bit weak,, so infront of any good looking person , i feel inferior , and this feeling, stops me to say any thing.. i forget my nature..
what to do at that time... ?
i have done much masturbation in my child hood, i guess that has caused my weight to be lost,,
now whenever i eat much food, it does not digest..
and now a days i am becoming thinner
so, what should i do now?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2012
Depression Answer A31474
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Your BMI based on your height and weight is 19.14 which indicates to be within the normal range. The normal range of the BMI is 18.5 - 24.9.

Stress and emotional distress can cause severe depression and this can result in a reduced appetite. This is probably the cause of your BMI to be on the lower end of the normal range.

First and foremost, you need to consult with a psychiatrist, who can counsel you which can help you manage your depression. In addition, consulting a dietician, will help you to gain weight in a healthy way. Joining a gym and weight training will also go a long way to improve your fitness and overall well being.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.