Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

stress and schizophrenia

does anyone feel stressed by the thought of being stressed?! Also, does anyone have any good coping stategies, especially with PMT. I feel really disorganised and pace the house when i am stressed and when i have PMT. I cant settle... i was diagnosed with schizophrenia 6 years ago which i dont know if this factors into it...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 6th, 2010
Active User, very eHealthy
It's actually quite sane to be stressed about anything bad and real. Being stressed about being stressed is very stressfully stressful.

I don't like it when people fight their stress though, as if the stress were the problem, it can feel good but is not correct, a bad world is stressful, fix it or be stressed, you'd be surprised to know just how unhealthy it can be to not be stressed in a stressful world.

Now is the time to be stressed, worried, depressed, and such things, and you'll find that the more you know the more these things will happen but its only right, and the only way to treat it is to at the very least attempt to not be a part of the problem, it's the only way.

Are you a part of the very thing thats making you stressed?

Do unto others I suppose.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....