How much can stress influence how long it can take for you to conceive or can it do anything when you have conceived?

As it worries me that sometimes i get a bit of stress i.e. work or worrying about trying to conceive or if i have already conceived would it have much of an effect on the baby or implantation of the egg?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 1st, 2009
Experienced User
Really need your advice please?
|

replied May 5th, 2009
Experienced User
Hi there Smile ok i firmly believe that stressing about concieving will stop you from doing so.I tried for my first son for 3 years i was totally convinced i was infertile just couldnt get it off my mind so i decided to go to the doctor who refered me for tests i left the doctors office feeling so much better now i was going to get some help and i stopped stressing then 10 days later i was pregnant i didnt even get chance for the tests it was unbelievable all those years caused by stress. i am totally sure it was stress as ive been pregnant 4 times in the last year ive lost 3 but im happy to say im 11 weeks with the 4th but the important thing is i am able to get pregnant withing months now not years as i know im a healthy fertile person its important for you to stay positive just know its going happen think to yourself it doesnt matter when i just know it will be soon.I know this sounds like a load of rubbish but i cant think of any other reason it took me so long and i have a friend who's daughter in law did exactly the same as me went to see the doc as she thought she was infertile and she was pregnant within weeks.If after a year of trying you still dont concieve then visit a doctor for tests but im sure you'll be pregnant soon good luck Smile
|

replied May 5th, 2009
Experienced User
And yes high stress causes misscarige and other complications when pregnant so take care of yourself Smile
|

replied June 7th, 2011
i need help
can stress cause symptoms of pregnancy because my girlfriend (and i) is worried that she may be pregnant. it was suppose to be her time of the month but she is late on her cycle. recently i observed that she has less and less energy. we're only college students so we're very scared.

btw i know its stupid to ask this but we did not have sex. she may had contact with my penis but it did not go in .... sorry for the stupid question im just freaking out
|
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....