Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

strep b, high risk HPV. Resuming normal pap results

User Profile
Hi - THIS IS A LONG ONE SORRY!

I was diagnosed with HSV 2 last year (september). I am married and my husband has HSV 2 also, he was unaware he had it.

i had one painful outbreak, the remaining 3 breakouts were less frequent and less obvious. All in all i am ok :)

3 years ago I was told Strep B was found in my swab - but in my recent swab, it was not found - how can that be? They did say I was high risk HPV though - which was a totally new diagnosis.

The HPV was high risk category however after a colopscopy i was given the all-clear and the dr said I just come back for a pap smear in 2 years - how can it go from being high-risk, to resuming a normal check-up?

In total my questions are:
1. does HSV 2 raise my risk of death or anything else?
2. does HPV (high risk) raise my risk of death?
3. does strep b raise my risk of death?

if i had or have all 3, what does that mean?

as mentioend - step b was not detected in my last pap smear. hpv was given the all clear after colopscopy -

Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....