Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Strange yellow gelatinous material in stool for while now

Hello all,
I've had a strange yellow gelatinous material in my stool for the past few months, on and off, and I see it more often when I have diarrhea. It may happen once a week or more often, not sure, but I just see it more clearly when I have diarrhea, which happens not every day but maybe once a week or so. When my stool is solid, my poop is often a brownish-yellowish color, and I am afraid I may have something.

Here is a picture from today's stool. My entire diarrhea was yellow and this material was dispersed throughout, and I had a sore throat today as well (unrelated?):

http://imgur.com/a8FP6Ty.jpg

Please let me know what direction I should take. The problem is that I've had yellowish stool for months, on and off, but today's sore throat is a new case, maybe unrelated?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Tags: Diarrhea
Quick Reply
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....