User Profile
Hello,

About three weeks ago I discovered a small (tip of pinkie-finger) spot on the side of my head.
There is hair in and around it. It is not itchy, and it is smooth.
I am very clean (shower/shampoo every morning), and I do not share combs, or any hygiene products.
I have two cats, neither of which currently have or have ever had ringworm.

I visited a doctor two weeks ago and he prescribed to me:
Lotriderm (Clotrimazole w/ Betamethasone) Cream that I have applied religiously twice a day, every day. There has been no change in the spot.

I'd love to know what it is, or maybe some alternate steps to treat it before going in to simply have it cut out!

Here is a photo I took today:
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2013
Experienced User
The best thing I know to help you with your problem is to soak your head in salt water that is sea water or sea salts mixed with water at room temperature do this daily you cannot forgo daily washing of your hair it is your scalp that needs treatment so daily regiment of treatment needs to be done if your worried about your hair use a good cream rinse to help keep your hair healthy.
|

replied January 11th, 2019
Dots on head
Have you ever found out what the dot is I have 2 of them on my head as well.
|

replied January 11th, 2019
Did you find out what it was. I have 2 on my head as well.
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....