Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Strange menstrual period

Ok so I was supposed to get my period about a week ago, but instead got a light brown discharge for 4 days. I waited a week to see if I was pregnant. I did a pregnancy test exactly a week after this weird period happened, and it came out negative. I was relieved because I didn't want to be pregnant, and figured that maybe it was normal to see a period that was only brown discharge, since my mom had this happen to her before as well. But just yesterday I had a bit of light brown discharge mixed with some normal vaginal fluid. I got weirded out but it went away, and now today I just noticed when I wiped myself in the bathroom, that I had some blood in it. I wiped a second time and more blood.
What is going on???
Also Ive noticed some weight gain (slow but steady, of about 0.2 to 0.4 gains each day) Its been a whole pound already.

Please help, Im really concerned.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 7th, 2008
please anyone?
im crying im so desperate Sad
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Are you on birth control?
|

replied August 8th, 2008
no, no pills nor anything like that.
|

replied January 5th, 2009
same boat
I had the same thing happened to me. I went to the doctors and they couldn't find anything wrong. This happened two years ago. I've gain 20 pounds. I only get my period once a year now. I've done many tests. No answers yet.
|

replied January 6th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
Have you been to the doctors?

How light is the blood?

My periods have been weird lately as well one minute it bleeds quite a bit and then the next it's just brown discharge and spotting.
|

replied November 18th, 2012
omgg
dude thats scary the same thing is happening to me now!
|
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...