Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

strange "jolt" through body several times a minute.

Ok, this may be kind of confusing, but I will try my best to describe it. About 3 weeks ago now, I began feeling a strange "jolt" through my body, at least once a minute sometimes it happens very rapidly like every couple of seconds. The first day it was kind of amusing, I figured maybe I was just tired, or maybe just imagining it. But after a few days I got worried, and began trying to ask people if they knew what it was, but I couldn't describe the "feeling" I was getting. I said it felt like "electricity" through my entire body, but it doesn't hurt AT ALL. It doesn't make me jump, one time I did drop something but I can't say for sure if it was because of that, because it happens A LOT and I've only dropped one thing. So I've been worried but I don't "think" I have an "emergency" and I figured I'd look real weird going to the e.r describing my symptoms like "well. Its kinda like this but not really" a couple days ago, I decided it feels like the feeling u get when something startles you, or like when u dream u are falling and wake up real fast. But again I am not jumping, or shaking, stuttering (sumtimes I stop speaking on purpose when it happens) anybody have any ideas what this is? Should I be worried? I am 21 yrs old Female and as far as I know, I have no medical issues. I don't have insurance so seeing a regular doctor just to see if maybe this is a problem is impossible for me. Please help if u can because it is beginning to worry me. Could it be a neurological problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 6th, 2012
I know exactly what you mean. I have it happen every so often for unexplained reasons. I guess I can describe it as my brain sending a shock wave through my body almost as if I'm "rebooting" like a computer and it happens FAST and unexpected.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....