Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Strange feelings, suffering from anxiety

Hi there I have been suffering from anxiety , I think I have some kind of Heath anxiety it got really bad that o started thinking very bad things and getting very scary horrible thoughts that I just kept thinking over and over again which made me more anxious it's like a vicious cycle , it's got so bad that I can't cope being at work I'm going to get some CBT as I've heard it could help , I just wanted to get some advice and I'm looking for some re assurance I guess as I feel very alone and feel like that something else could be wrong with me , basically my anxiety triggered about 2 months ago I suddenly started really worrying and checking my pulse I than started thinking the what if scenarios and than since than I've just constantly been thinking the same thoughts while at work since leaving work I haven't been thinking these thoughts as much , but occationly I get like a heart palpitation I think anyway and it can be very sudden like I thought I was calm but still got it , it than really scares me and makes my anxiety even worse I also recently have been feeling this like bubbly pulse like feeling in my chest , which is freaking me out a bit , I went to the doctor and they checked my blood pressure and pulse and told me it was perfect , but u feel far from perfect if anyone could share some knowledge on this that would be great , I mean is it uncommon and also is it normal to feel like you can't be at work when I'm at work the anxiety seems to be at its strongest as I have a lot of preSures its like I can't do two things at once I feel like I need to get better before I can go back to work , I just hate this I was a very happy person and never had these feeling and worries before and now I feel like a reck I feel like I can never Be happy again and that I will always feel like this forever . Some body please give me some advice thanks Luke
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 21st, 2016
I've had anxeity and panic since I was 14. I'm now 39. But it's not been that bad for years. It will get better. I would suggest a counselor, though it sounds like you're seeing one w/the CBT. If you can, try to get one that knows about anxiety disorder.

Also you might try a Naturopathic doctor. They try to look for causes for things, rather than give you a pill. Maybe your blood chemistry is off somewhere, or your neurotransmitters are out of whack. They'll go over your diet, your stress, your meds, everything.
Of course you can also go to a psychiatrist, who will hopefully listen to you your issues, and my Rx meds for you.

Things you can try alone...4x4x4 breathing...in for 4, hold for 4, out for 4. Try to get your attention on something else. Do something you like to do. Talk to someone you trust just to talk. Go to a chat site where there are others who have anxiety.

I think getting some testing done will give you peace of mind. There is rarely anything serious going on.
|

User Profile
replied December 31st, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. It is anxiety for sure and you will get help for CBT, psychotherapy and anxiolytics.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
|

User Profile
replied December 31st, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Worrying too much for health is anxiety and needs reassurance. Dont worry about something you have not suffered from, of course precautions is good, Follow Up and screening should be done but too much worry will lead to anxiety.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
|
Tags: Anxiety, Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.