Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Stopping spread of vitiligo ?

User Profile
Hi.im a teenage girl and my doc told me that i have vitiligo last month.first time i noticed a large white patch in my breast 3 years ago and all hair in there lost their color and this year i found out i got other white patches on my both elbow (large dots) and on my hands little dot patches and also little patchs on my chest.stomach.knee.and today i saw another little dot on my face*not sure its vitiligo patch or no* every site that i search they said we don\'t know if it can get heal or no and all doc said Vitiligo develope other parts of body over years..like im getting worry if these patches cover up my body and face..nobody doesn\'t reply me cleary that is it possible to stop vitiligo from spreading or no? Will all over of my face and body get white after time pass? I want to stop this vitiligo plz dont reply me that still there is no way to know if it spread or no..i got stress and cry every day for that p.s my docotr gave me some creams but they didnt work i used them for 1 mo

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 25th, 2015
Skin Answer A53586
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

I can understand your concern for the white patches of vitiligo. Vitiligo is a kind of pigmentation disorder in which melanocytes (the cells that make pigment) in the skin are destroyed. As a result, white patches appear on the skin in different parts of the body.

Treatment of vitiligo is possible. Treatment options include steroids,psoralen photochemotherapy(PUVA),depigmentation and surgical therapy like skin grafting,micropigmentation or tattooing and autologous melanocyte transplants. However the specific treatment option can only be planned after a thorough evaluation of the vitiligo patches depending on their number, location, size, and how widespread they are.

You should consult a dermatologist and discuss the various treatment options with him.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.