I am studying to be an RN. 10 days ago I was in the OR to watch a c-section. A few seconds after they stuck the needle in for the spinal tap, I suddenly felt light headed (tho I had seen a lot worse before). I had to leave the room and be driven home shortly after. Two days later I had to go to the emergency room because I was having twitching in my neck and hands & one of my pupils was larger than the other and the eye began wandering in circles. They could find nothing wrong. I have since had an MRI, Cat Scan, EKG, EEG and I'm not sure what else. No one has an answer. Since I told them about 2 years ago I had hit my head hard enough to knock myself out, they gave me medication for focal epilepsy, but it is not helping me be able to speak. They say I should not be having continuous speech problems. Now one doctor has suggested I am faking it. I am NOT! But I am not getting any better. Can anyone help me out here? Could there have been something released into the air during the spinal tap that caused this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Get a second opinion.

Zig
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....