Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

stopping creatine ???

Dear All,

my weight is 125 pounds and height is 5.57. I go to gym 3 to 4 times weekly. I want to rise my weight a bit almost 11 pounds. I hear about creatine and how it is work , but If I use it for month what is will happen after stop use it ?

my weight will back down again as I was before ? or I will stay same or I will lost a bit from weight ?

Also if I stop use it what is will happen for body shape ?

lean body !!!

The idea is I want to rise my weight and maintain that rise.

waiting your reply friends
tiphat
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2008
Supporter
How old are you?

I've read that short-term creatine studies have shown creatine to be effective and safe. However, the supplement industry agrees the product should not be sold to those under 18. You might want to read this article from the NCAA .
|

replied July 22nd, 2008
29 years old
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2008
Supporter
Just know that there are side effects. For example, you could be more prone to cramps and pulled muscles. And creatine can effect your blood pressure, kidney or liver function. Given the amount of time you plan to take it, though, you should be OK. In fact, short term use shows little to no side effects.
|

replied July 22nd, 2008
thx friend but still waiting answers on these questions ....

"but If I use it for month what is will happen after stop use it ?

my weight will back down again as I was before ? or I will stay same or I will lost a bit from weight ?

Also if I stop use it what is will happen for body shape ?"

I appreciate your help
thanks again
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2008
Supporter
I found an anedcote that says "If you use creatine for a four month cycle, then stop, you may notice a sharp decline in energy levels. " You can probably expect an increase in weight due to water retention while on creatine, but you might lose this weight when you stop. You'll only know by trying, though. What dosage are you considering?
|

replied July 23rd, 2008
One of the points of using creatine is not just to gain weight but to help you gain muscle. The weight you gain from muscle should stay as long as you don't stop working out entirely. However, I agree with pp that you may lose some of the water weight. That doesn't mean that the extra muscle you've added will suddenly go away.
|
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....