Medical Questions > Mental Health > Stop Smoking Forum

Stopped smoking, now i have difficulty breathing

Hey, i am trying to stop smoking and i quit a week ago. I am 19 and have been smoking maybe a pack every 1-2 weeks for about 6 months. One morning i woke up with difficulty breathing, like my chest was kind of tight and i couldn't pull in enough oxygen. Then it went away for a couple days, i was able to work out no problem and then it came up another morning. I read on this site that some people also have shortness of breathe after they stopped smoking. Is this something serious that i should get checked out or something that will pass over time? Oh and i also have a rabbit in my room that i am allergic to and was wondering if that might contribute to it.
Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Reagan1112
|

User Profile
replied January 4th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and would like to help

Breathing difficulty can happen when you suddenly quit smoking, but don't worry it will go away with time.
Here is a recipe of tea (all natural ingredients) that can help you to detox your lungs

Take a small piece of ginger ,chopped onions, a table spoon of honey ,add in 1lit of boiled water and finally add 2 spoons of turmeric , the longer you boil the stronger the taste
Use this tea twice or thrice a day.

Other natural products that are known to detox lungs and enhance breathing are oregano, peppermint, eucalyptus, oha root.

Yes ,if you are allergic to rabbit ,being in close to one can cause allergic reaction and difficulty in breathing

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Dr khalil
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stop Smoking , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.