Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Stopped birth control suddenly

I was on the Nova ring for almost three months almost midway on the third ring I removed it my period came 4 days after I removed it and 2 weeks before it should have started! I had unprotected sex with my fiancee the night it stopped and the two nights after that! is there a possibility i could be pregnant? and could stopping the birthcontrol suddenly have any affects? could the hormones from the BC effect a pregnancy test ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 19th, 2009
hmm thats a good question, i recently had the exact same problamb, and i still havent had my period, it's way past its due date. But i'm having all these abnormal feelings like having to pee constantly, a lot of pressure on my lower abdomnen, water gain, but im wondering if thats just because of not taking the BC? hmm....
|

User Profile
replied February 19th, 2009
Stopped birth control suddenly
A lot of people get pregnant quickly after going off birth control, but some people experience a delay in getting pregnant. The reason for this usually has to do with the length of time it takes people to regulate their periods.

The length of time also depends on the type of birth control you were taking.

|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...