User Profile
Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could answer a question or two for me?

I've had bowel problems for a very long time, but was told by my doctor that it was IBS so I just decided to live with it.
Anyway I decided to cut out wheat a few months ago to see if it helped matters. After seeing that it helped I decided to go back on wheat to tests whether it was a problem and my problems did come back straightaway, the bloating, wind, constipation, soft stools, pain in my lower right abdominal.

A couple of weeks back I saw my doctor as I suspected celiac and I asked for blood tests, and she did several blood tests and took a stool sample.

Well I have just found out I have a slight bit of inflammation in my stool, I was wondering what the causes of this can be? And if so has anyone ever had inflammation in their stool which has turned out to be nothing? I'm so scared I have crohns or colitis, or something more sinister.

My doctor is sending me to the hospital for further tests but I just wanted to hear other peoples experiences as I can't find anything online about the inflammation in stool.

Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 13th, 2014
I just thought I'd ad I saw my GP again on Friday and she said the inflammation level was 75.
|

replied November 21st, 2018
I was wondering if you could tell me what your results were? I went to the gastroenterologist for the first time about a month ago and he did a stool sample and a week or two ago I got a call back saying I have "severe inflammation" in my colon. I have to get a colonoscopy next week, and I am already scared enough for that, so having all of these "What if's?" is really scary. I hope things went okay!
|
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....