I was recently hospitalized with severe URQ pain. They diagnosed me with 0% functioning GB and Pancreatitis (I am a very light social drinker). Saw a surgeon and he said he recommends having the GB removed. He said that a small stone is not always visual in a Ultra Sound and he thinks that a small stone loged in the pancreatic duct causing the Pancreatitis. He said removing the GB wont kill you but that Pancreatitis will. I have symptoms after eating of nausa and some pain. Its not contant but very uncomfortable. feels like the good is not digesting so I have lost 24 lbs since 7/4. My question is is it necessary to have the GB removed? is there any chance it will start working again? Has anyone else had this problem. PS Sometimes like this morning vomitting has occured for no apparent reason.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 17th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
I would not fool around with it. Have it removed. I know a person that ignored the pains and symptoms for months, then had a nightime attack that was severe enough to go to the emergency room. Turns out gangrene had set in and he almost died. A few more hours and he's have been gone! So don't just let it go if it is bad.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....