Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Stomach pains for a month and doctors do not know what's wrong!?

Last time I had sex was 3 months ago and 3 negative pregnancy tests. Went to the er for stomach pain they took my blood, urine, and ultrasound finding nothing. So if I was preggo they would've said something. Lately I've been having a sloshy stomach and pain. Found out I have mono but they don't know what's wrong with my stomach! Opinions please!? My symptoms are pretty much all over the place. Had an upper gi exam and they found no ulcers or anything. I'm just in pain and I want answers.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 1st, 2013
Experienced User
Is there a specific area where the pain is? I realize that you indicated your stomach but if you could indicate the general area like lower left or upper right I would prefer that or is the pain generally all over? also, has there been any changes to your bowel movements especially in the time frame of when this pain started?
|

When I apply pressure around my belly button it hurts. I also get dull pains around there too. My upper stomach hurts sometimes, mostly after I eat. Also, I have pelvic pain but I think that is attributed to my period that'll be next week. I also have constant diarrhea.
|

Experienced User
Do you remember which blood tests you got done? I realize it is a long shot, but even if you can remember what they were generally testing for it would be much help as I want to make sure I am not asking really irrelevant questions.

Also, is there particular food or groups of food that worsen the symptom? like sugary foods? or breads?

Lastly, have you tried any anaticids like pepto bismal?
|

They said I have a slightly elevated red blood cell count as well as a higher white blood cell count. My bilirubin was a little higher. My amalayse and lipase were normal. That's all they told me. No foods really have done anything except fatty foods and milk, both of which I don't eat too much of. Lastly, I'm on tramadol for pain, bentyl for digestion, and Pepcid. I tried tums today but didn't see much of a difference.
|

Experienced User
Ahh I see well fortunately your doctor is hitting the spot I was thinking of anyways or at least I would like to think that way Smile . While this isn't a formal diagnosis or anything (obviously) my guess is that this is more then likely a viral/bacterial infection that is working through your digestive system. Furthermore, I think your diarrhea and stomach pain are at the very least correlated. However, if it is a bacterial infection pepcid does have some anti-bacterial properties and should help things move along, otherwise is a wait it out situation.

However, that being said if your diarrhea/stomach pains hasn't resolved in a few weeks. I would go back to your doctor.

Tums didn't probably make a difference because pepcid and tums albiet in different ways do the same thing.

Lastly, make sure you are keeping yourself fully hydrated and time to time drink a sports drink or something that restore electrolytes (I think dr.oz posted a recipe that achieves the same thing as a sport drink if you don't to buy powerade or any heavily sugared stuff) as diarrhea has a habit of messing those up which furthermore which can contribute to abdominal pain.

Also, after some reseach I discovered that your pain medication can cause abdominal pain as well. Maybe that might worth looking into with your doctor.

Best of luck.
|

replied October 2nd, 2013
Thank you for your opinion! I had a feeling it could possibly be something like that. I have a ct scan tomorrow so we'll see if they can find anything. And yes I've been drinking Gatorade like crazy! Hopefully I can figure this all out tomorrow!
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...