I am a 23 year old female. I already had my gallbladder and appendix out 7 years ago...I have been in and out of the e.r 3 times in the last 3 months and has countless doctor appointments. I have had 3 blood tests, 3 urine samples, an upper gi, a colonoscopy, and a ct scan.... I have had nausea for three months straight even zofran won't take it away.. about a month after the nausea I started getting severe upper abdominal pain here and there and now just a month ago the upper abdominal pain has been consistent everyday with no relief from the average pain meds and its spreading to my back.. the pain increases with any kind of food intake and excersice. They can't figure out what is wrong with me and I'm having trouble working or even being able to play with my son..on top of that I've just lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks..any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2016
Welcome to e health forum.

From the description of your symptoms, it seems that you may be having Irritable bowel syndrome.

Irritable bowel ‎syndrome IBS, is a functional disorder characterized by cramping abdominal ‎pain or discomfort with ‎alterations in ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎bowel habits (bloating, constipation, and / or diarrhea).‎

IBS does not cause ‎any permanent damage or ‎‎any serious illness but the symptoms cause severe discomfort & distress ‎affecting an ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎individuals work, ability to travel and attend social ‎‎events.‎

IBS is actually a diagnosis of exclusion, and should be considered as possible cause only if all other possible medical conditions have been ruled out.

Most symptoms of IBS can be controlled with diet, stress management, and prescribed medications ‎‎(laxatives, antidiarrheals, ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎antispasmodics, or antidepressants).

Consulting your psychiatrist and managing your anxiety disorder can also help in improving your symptoms associated with IBS.

I hope this helps

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.