I had a ultrasound and CTscan that showed multiple hepatic cysts. one is bilobed 2.6x1.3 cm laterally in the right lobe of liver. In addition there are 5 less than 1cm cysts within the liver. No solid hepatic lesions identified. Could this be the cause of my stomach pain. I have not heard back from my doctor since last week when he ordered the test.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 29th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
All types of liver cyst may cause abdominal pain or abdominal discomfort in the right upper abdomen, under the rib cage.
Pain, usually, becomes more prominent when cysts grow larger and when bleeding inside the cysts have occurred.
Abdominal bloating, nausea, early satiety or fullness, are additional symptoms when the cysts are symptomatic.
Your doctor will determine the nature of these cysts (often, according to the typical appearance the true diagnosis is made).
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...