Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Stomach pain, constipation, extreme weight gain.....

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hi! I have a lot going on anymore and just really need some help. The doctors I have seen have just checked my thyroid and always check for bladder infections and I'm not getting any answers. February 2010 I became constipated, horrible bloating and cramping, and started bleeding (no hemmoroids, unless I just can't see them). I went to a general doc and he just took a basic xray and said he didn't notice anything out of the norm. I have alot of lower abdominal pain, especially on my left side of my pelvis. I can hardly eat because it feels like my food just won't go down and I bloat up and find it hard to even take breaths. This has continued for a year and a half now. A month ago my constipation changed to diarrhea and I am now having awful pain under my left ribs. I still bleed everyday whether I use the bathroom or not. I am so miserable and just can't take this anymore. When this began I weighed 127lbs and as of today I am 194lbs. My insurance is horrible and a colonoscopy was going to cost over 3000 and I have to pay 100%, so I am trying to hold out til January for my insurance to switch. Can someone please help me?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2011

Welcome to ehealthforum

Alternate bowel movements,blood in stool is a symptom of Colon issues and can even indicate some serious underlying disorders.You require an urgent Colonscopy and appropriate treatment.
Consider visiting a Physician and undergo the required investigations for correct diagnosis.

Take Care!

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.