Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

stomach/intestinal problems every morning since childhood

Im 34 almost 35 female. Every morning since ive been a preteen i wake up feeling sick. I either throw up or dont. And sometimes i have diareah. My stools are always soft. Never solid or i have diareah. Ive had my appendex and gall bladder removed. But this still happens. Ive changed my diet. Still have it. Wait is wrong. Doctors dont know. They keep pushing pills on me. Sometimes as a child id miss school and now i miss work when this happens. Im afraid ill eventually get fired. Can someone please give me answers?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.‎

Your history and your symptoms do appear to be due to irritable bowel syndrome. The diagnosis of IBS is done only when all other ‎possible medical conditions have been ruled out. ‎

In case you have symptoms or issues like weight loss, loss of appetite, blood in stools, - then it is likely that you do not have IBS. In ‎such cases, conditions like lactose intolerance, inflammatory bowel disease, giardiasis, malabsorption syndromes, intestinal infections, ‎may need to be ruled out. ‎

In addition, most tests like complete hemogram, peripheral blood smear, stool examination, barium studies of the intestines will be ‎normal in IBS. ‎

Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a chronic functional disorder characterized by cramping abdominal ‎pain or discomfort with alterations in ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎bowel habits (bloating, constipation, and diarrhea).‎

IBS does not cause ‎any permanent damage or ‎‎any serious illness but the symptoms cause severe discomfort & distress ‎affecting an ‎‎‎‎‎individuals work, ability to travel and attend social ‎‎events. ‎

Most symptoms of IBS can be controlled with diet, stress management, and prescribed medications ‎‎(laxatives, antidiarrheals, ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎antispasmodics, or antidepressants). ‎

You might consult with your doctor or your gastroenterologist for proper examination and specific treatment.‎

I hope this helps

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.