Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

Stomach flu? symptoms of violent vomiting and nausea

i became ill at the weekend after drinking, but my symptoms of violent vomiting and nausea have contined into the week, i visited my GP who said it is likely to be a stomach virus thats been going round and prescribed me some buccastem tablets for the nausea, as i have struggles to eat or drink anything, i seem now to be able to eat and drink a litle but am still very lethatgic and weak and now today have had terrible diarreah which is hot and watery and yellow. Does this sound typical of a stomach flu or virus? i hate being ill it really scares me
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 23rd, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Your symptoms are suggestive of some infection and if the symptoms are not under control even after five days then you might require antibiotics and other medications for controlling it.
Consider visiting a Physician for evaluation.You can also request for a Stool test which would help in diagnosis.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cold, Flu and Viral Infections , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.