Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Stomach ache, dark stool, nausea, loss of appetite???

I have had a stomach ache for the last 3 days and extremely bad nausea but have not gotten sick. I have also had a loss of appetite for the last 3 days and my stool has been extremely dark, not black almost a dark greenish color. what wrong??? The pain is above the belly button. Dont know if I should go to the doctors office or just let it pass??
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ncr
|

User Profile
replied November 13th, 2010
Hello,

Green stools can be due to eating green foods or taking iron supplements. Green, leafy vegetables contain chlorophyll which could be coloring the stool green.Otherwise it can be gall bladder disease or giardia or salmonella infection of the intestines.

So the possibility of gall bladder disease and infections of the intestines thus causing irritable bowel syndrome is there.Hence evaluation of these two possibilities is important.Please consult a gastroenterologist to help you out.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.