Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Sterlization of 18 y/o female

I am 18 y/o. I am wanting to have essure done. I can not find anyone to do it. I was thinking maybe Planned Parenthood would do this. Does anyone know if they would. I know there is one in NC and OH that offers this procedure. I am guessing there will probably be a 90 day waiting period or counseling session or something. Does anyone know of anyone who would do this?

Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 22nd, 2010
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The procedure for insertion of Essure is done by trained physicians and obstetricians. You need to find one who is qualified to do it for you. The candidacy needs to be found to see if it is suited for you to go ahead with it. Visit this link to locate a physician/obstetrician who is trained in doing the procedure: http://www.essure.com/Conceptus.Mappoint/P hysicianLocator.aspx.
Take care.

|

replied December 22nd, 2010
Does anyone on here know where I could get Essure at? I can not get any Doctors to perform the procedure. I do NOT want an iud I want off birth control pills. I want to be sterilized!
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Birth Control , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.