Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

sterilized and a week late for my period...?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I am sterilized and a week late for my usually like clock work..i also have a clear i need a trip to my doctor or shall i be patient and hope this passes, thank you for your time.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 9th, 2011
Sexual Health - Women Answer A29246
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Occasional delay in periods by 5-10 days is considered to be normal. Wait and watch for your periods. If you do not get your periods within 10 days of expected period dates, or if you get abnormal periods, or if you develop any new symptoms, or if you suspect chances of pregnancy (possibilities are present due to chances of spontaneous recanalization), you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation and assistance. If pregnancy gets ruled out, further evaluation would be needed to rule out chances of early menopausal onset and look for any other underlying cause for your delayed/absent periods. Treatment as needed (based on examination and investigations results) would be started to help you. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.