Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Std? discharge will be think or clear and stringy

User Profile
I have been having un protected sex with my bf for about two years lately I have been getting a lot of discharge but it come and goes. Some will be normal but other time will be think or clear and stringy . Also lower Sharp pain recently.I've read that it can be a std of.some sort but idk because the side effects come and go.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2012
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A37324
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Increase in vaginal discharge or changes in it could be associated with pregnancy. The symptoms could also suggest possibility of infective causes. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation and examination along with correlation with your symptoms and examination findings. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination and further evaluation to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.