User Profile
I don't want to but the thought keeps putting up in my head. I used to starve myself to loose weight and I got out of it over a year ago...But I keep wanting to. I feel so fat x.x

What would be a better diet plan for me? One where I don't feel like I'm eating a lot without starving myself?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 28th, 2011
I have been on a healthy diet for weeks now and it definitely has made me lose weight, without making feel fat. I drink half my body weight in water (I add crystal light to my water), eat veggies..steamed broccoli, carrots, veggie soup, tons of fruit...grapes, oranges, strawberries, and lots of protein...grilled chicken and lean hamburger meat, and definitely grilled or baked fish! Like flounder or talapia a few nuts, and lots of salad with little to no low fat low calorie dressing! Hope this works. I have also just been using truvia as a sweetener and absolutely no pop! No butter, no cheese.
|

replied February 28th, 2011
Some Advice on that
I know this will sound contradictory, but count calories. Eat food that has more calories, that way you can eat less, and gain more from it. Also, make note of the nutritional value to ensure you are not lacking in certain areas--but don't think that you have to have the percent daily value for each thing, each day - take it on a weekly basis, and even a week-to-week basis, it makes for variety and is less stressing to keep track of.

I am not saying eat junk because it has lots of calories, though, I am saying choose things that are nutritional, but have more calories. For example, breads-and-grains is the largest food group, and it also has some of the most calories, but their healthy calories. Keep in mind that doctors recommend a 2,000 calorie diet for most people, so you should be striving for about 600 per meal (1,800 in 3 meals, and 200 left for snack/s), which is plenty of give.

However, you can also eat more than 3 meals a day at a rate of every 2 to 3 hours, which is actually healthier for you and your metabolism, but maintain about the same number of calories overall. In this way, you eat even less per meal, and if you are eating reasonable amounts of calories each time, it feels less intruding on your stomach and conscience. You can eat 5 meals a day of about 360 calories, which is 1800, or 6 meals of about 300 calories, which is 1800. Both leave room for snacks. Each meal doesn't have to be exactly the given amount, but can vary with some meals having more calories and some having less, depending on the food. (5 meals: 340-420 calories; 6 meals: 250-330).

Moreover, add flavor to your food, and don't eat low fat, no fat, etcetera (it's not as healthy as it claims, anyway - some fats are actually healthy, many of these are even necessary, and do not add many calories). Now, butter and seasonings (be careful of salt and other things that could cause high blood pressure) don't have nearly as many calories as most people think, but the few they add can help raise your daily average.

Also, drink things other than water - they have water in them, anyway, which has no calories - because they will add calories, and health nutrients. Also, make sure you drink enough liquids (with enough water content - may want to consider antioxidants, too) or your urine will get dark, but you don't want it to be too light, either - there should be some yellow color. However, remember not to eat less than about 1500 calories each day, day-after-day. Some days, you can eat 2500 (easily) and other days you may only eat 1500. Remember, it depends on the food that you are eating. Also, really try to fill that bread group, whole grains, wheat, nuts and other seeds, because it is the main group for anyone, which is why a 2000 calorie diet is supposed to be easy to achieve.

I know this is long, but on a final note, if you want to learn to eat more, and feel comfortable with it, *occasionally* try eating larger amounts of foods that have fewer calories. This would typically be your fruits and vegetables area - but mind that extra fiber--best when done with breads/grains, and especially dairy, or you'll be taking up residency with The John--nevertheless, you want some fiber, and you should have a good bowl movement at least once every two days, though preferably about once or twice each day. Moreover, feel free to have a piece of chocolate. It is actually healthy to have (by Hersey's large bar standard) a couple of rectangles/pieces of dark chocolate each day. It is also healthy to have [ONLY] half a cup of red wine every day (or 1 cup every other day), when watered down and consumed with something. Oh, and don't forget the meats, though you don't need much of that, and always make sure it is cooked, or you'll be posting a very different, and equally fatal problem next time.

If my mentioning of the excretion process makes you shy, just remember, regularity in this is important, and irregularity can mean something is wrong, even severely so, and even fatally so. After all, Elvis actually died of severe constipation, which can cause other issues, as well.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....