Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

started to notice vision dropped

User Profile
Hello,

I'm in early 40s, diagnosed with diabetes type2 since 7 years ago, my blood glucose all in all under control, recently using the drugs: GLIZIDE 5mg. one before breakfast, and 1 metformin 500mg after breakfast, then 2 after dinner,
this recent treatment was going regularly for a year,
I started to notice vision dropped, especially in the morning when just gets up, hardly to read SMS, Line, whatspp messages unless I take screenshot then go to photos gallery and maximize to see it in bigger font to be able to read,
I would like to ask if any suggested treatment, food, supplements etc, Kindly advise,
many thanks in advance.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 19th, 2016
General Q and A Answer A57682
hello and welcome

your concern is appreciated

although blurred vision comes under less common side effects of both above mentioned drugs but diabetes it self is related to many eye complications, vision can become blurry when blood sugar level is high. these patients are at high risk of developing cataracts, glaucoma and retinopathy. you need to take complete eye examination through slit lamp too it will exclude all the serious complications. you should keep on monitoring your blood sugar level at home and also do an HbA1c to assess the sugar control over past few months. if its not controlled your dovtor can increase the dose or change the medication. its necessary to get your eyes tested on yearly basis as diabetic retinopathy is serious complication of diabetes and can lead to blindness. it can be simple presbyopia but for that you have to undergo complete eye examination.

hope it helps
thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Diabetes
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetes , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.