Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

started the placebo so I could "skip" my period.

I am on Chryselle birth control. I always take it correctly, at the same time each day. I have sex frequently and use the pull out method. Last month, I started a new pack of pills where I would've started the placebo so I could "skip" my period. I usually get my period on Sunday, so I'm one day late. Could I be pregnant? My boyfriend always pulls out, and I know that's not very safe alone, but I do take my pills properly. I'll start my next pack of pills friday. Should I be worried?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 21st, 2014
Active User, very eHealthy
Since you have been taking your BC pills regularly, it is highly unlikely that you are pregnant. It can happen but is rare.

I am a little confused by your comment about starting a new pack versus taking the placebo pills in order to "skip" your period. If you are not taking the placebo pills and taking active ones instead, then you should not even have a period.

And if you have been on birth control pills, you should not need to use the pull out method. The BCP's should be protecting you from pregnancy and are much more effective than pulling out.
|

replied April 21st, 2014
I skipped my placebo pills last month. I'm currently on my placebo pills. Thanks for the help!
|
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...