Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

started pill one day late

Hello everyone!

If anyone who had the same situation please advise

I've started using Logynon(21 day pill) since last year. I took my first pill on the 2nd day of my period last December 2012. I took all the pills religiously and I didn't miss any pill. My 7 day break fell on January 3-9 this year. I had sex on January 4 then I had my period the next day in the evening. I am suppose to take my next pill of the new pack on January 10 but I miscalculated the dates and ended up taking it on January 11. I took two pills on that day then took one the next day then continued taking the rest of the pills as normal.

At 1st I wasn't worried about it because Logynon's product insert indicated that I will still be protected on my 7 day break and. if I started a new pack a day late I just have to take two pills on the next day(which I did) and I will still be protected from pregnancy

But I have read reviews on the net that indicates a specific 48 hours or more than to indicate that you're more than a day late. Now I am terrified because I took my last pill of the first pack at Jan 2 around 4:30 pm and then I started the next pack at Jan 11 at 6:30 pm (i took 2 pills on that time)

1. could this mean I'm more than a day late?
2. should I be worried about being pregnant?
3. would I ovulate immediately after prolonging the 7 day pill break?

I'm a little bit worried now because if I happen to ovulate immediately on the 10th and my bf's sperm could last up to 7 days in me..then who knows

PS: Jan 4 was my last sexual encounter
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper tulipteacher
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2013
Community Volunteer
You should still be well protected. It is very very very unlikely that you will suddenly ovulate on the 8th day .
|
Users who thank kristigraham for this post: tulipteacher 

Thanks kristigraham, What worried me was that I've also read on the net that it's possible that a woman can have a breakthrough ovulation if she prolonged her pill free days. I am just not sure if that article is reliable enough.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
It is possible, but not likely with such a short delay in starting. This likely increased your chances to get pregnant from a fraction of a percentage to about 3%. Still much better than the usual 30% without any pills.
|

replied February 5th, 2013
Hello everyone!!

If anyone has the same situation, I just want you to know I am not pregnant
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...