Just a quick question, after having some minor surgery last week, immediately afterwards my BP was 150103 and was up around the 14090’s for a couple of days. I went and saw my Doc, yesterday and told him this. I said that usually my BP is around 135-14585-92 most days, have monitored it a bit for the last month or so. He said he wasn’t too concerned unless it was consistently above the 145-150 mark. He said come back and see him if it stays above that for more than a week, he didn’t want to start me on meds until that happens.
Does this sound too conservative, not sure whether I should go see another doc. He also said I wouldn’t feel any symptoms with my current BP readings, as I said I was feeling a little tired and out of breath. I am a fit competitive cyclist. Looking forward to your reply.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2019
Based on your description I would agree with your doctor. A transient spike in BP can be observed. Home blood pressure monitoring can be continued for now to obtain at least 3 readings in consultation with your doctor.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our High Blood Pressure and Hypertension , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.