Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

Stan's Diet Version #...? for Hypoglycemia

I'm very interested in Stan Stepanic's list of foods because my hypoglycemic symptoms have gotten so bad over the years that I'm about ready to faint. I keep reading that the list is in this forum, but I can't find it and I've already spent over an hour looking for it.

Can anyone provide me with a link to the list, please, thank you. ?

Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 20th, 2008
Ooops, I didn't mean to post this question... I must have accidentally hit the submit button... Anyhow, I had found it here:

http://www.ehealthforum.com/health/topic11 9108.html
|

User Profile
replied March 20th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Yeah, that's it, THANK GOD YOU FOUND IT!!!! I can't tell you how sick I've gotten recently with people coming on here and saying OHHHHHHH WHERE IS IT? No offense anyone else, but seriously, read carefully, it's RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. You're the first to find it on your own!
|

replied July 30th, 2009
I have been going by this:

http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic119108 .html

But I have read your other threads, that contain more info, like some references to olive oil and vitamin C.

I thought I was ok at first on a little fruit and the Ezekial bread (small quantitiy), but maybe that is the problem.

Yesterday's breakfast: 2 large boiled eggs, 1/2 avocado, 3/4 slice of Ezekial, couple of tablesppons of olive oil, several slices of apple. (About 15-20 carbs.)
Brewer's yeast, chromium, b vitamin complex, vitamin C

2 hours later I not feeling too good. Actually, I can feel a reaction to anything but the smallest amount of carbs within 15 mins or so, which I assume is the insulin response. Back in the days when I ate refined sugar, I certainly don't recall this sensation. Of course this initial reaction is nothing like what follows. Then if I eat again at 10:00, it just gets worse every time...which I now understand to be my adrenalin response pushing the levels back up without me eating anything. Combine the rebound with insulin increasing foods and I'm in trouble.
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Good, I was worried you found my older version of the diet. Unfortunately, as I say, you have a lot of hard work ahead of you. You should continue to eat as you have been without adjusting too much for at least a month straight. Going up and down like that is not necessarily bad since you're not sneaking cookies or something, but it's not a good idea. You want something costant so your pancreas and system get used to it. Before you reach that two hour mark, around 1.5 hours I'd say, try to eat some cheese and perhaps a small amount of apple and see what happens.
|

replied July 30th, 2009
Thanks, those sound like logical suggestions. I'll cut the bread and try to eat a few more later in the day when my levels are higher.

I hate to say it but I am fasting this morning because I have to get some work done. I took a few tests..blood sugar bouncing from 60 to 70, but this is better than the huge epinephrine releases I have been getting, which build from 10 until about 6:00. I don't know if this will set me back, but I had to have a short break.
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2009
Community Volunteer
I know what you mean. Whenever I ate lower carb I felt a lot better at first, but over time you won't be making any progress and the only option is to start adding stuff back in. You may need to just wait it out at whatever level you feel comfortable at. I don't want to tell you to jump up to two pieces of Ezekiel a day or something like that if it just makes you get huge adrenaline rushes. They're VERY annoying. Expect to feel worse the next time you eat since you've fasted.
|

replied July 7th, 2013
Ok soooooo just found out I have hypoglycemia. I got heart palpitations my whole body is pretty tight aaaaand I'm just not feeling so hot but I went half of yesterday without sugar and felt better and today too with just eatin nuts animal fats and eggs pork veggies and avocados. Had a bit of sweating earlier. When do u think should I put carbs back in??
Thanks
John
|
Quick Reply