Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

stage 4 lung cancer thats mestasised

My Mother has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer thats mestasised and broke her hip. Thats how they found it. My question is how long does she have, and when will she get sick. She has been feeling good except where the pain is in her hip where they repaired it. I would like to now the time frame and what to expect. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 25th, 2010
metsta stage 4 breast spread to lung
My mom was also Diagnosed today with stage 4 that mestasised from breast cancer. I am beside myself--but am determined to do whatever I can to help her. They found her's during a routine blood test that prompted further tests--biopsy 5 days ago. Her bones are clear, brai, liver, stomach tests all coming soon, and chemo beginning in a couple of weeks. I was reading and thought I saw that this type of mestasis would have to include nodes....her nodes were clear when they performed her last mastectomy 6 months ago --last BC was stage 0-1 estro possitive. Three yrs ago she had stage 1-2 in the other breast and had a mastectomy and heavy chemo Insitu type (infiltrating ductal etc).

My question is her oncologist said he can put it in remission temporarily with chemo--but it is incurable. Is there something else she can do to aid recovery? He never mentioned radiation (she has never had radiation).
Are there homeopathic aides as well?

I will keep reading everything I can--my thoughts are with you poohbear13--you can write me if you like
Renee
|

replied November 22nd, 2010
Renee
I take my Mother back Dec 2 to do scans to see if the cancer is still growing and moving. We did 10 rounds of radiation. She is still doing good physically. Its strange because she isn't showing any signs of sickness, and the radiologist says she only has 8 months. I will let you know as soon as I find out. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your Mom. Let me know how shes doing?
Poohbear13
|

replied November 26th, 2011
dr burzynski- people look him up! life saver
|

replied December 1st, 2011
Obviously, Anna, you think highly of the doctor, but.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanislaw_Bur zynski
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....