Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

stage 1 grade 3 -germcell immature teratoma , again?

User Profile
Hello, I am 30 yrs old. I had rt ovary removed due to cancer in 2005. cancer was stage 1 grade 3 -germcell immature teratoma 11 cm. I was admitted to er 2 days ago for severe lower lt abdominal pain the ultra sound scan provided to following report: Lt ovary enlarged /w dumbbell configuration measures 6 cm in maximal diameter. 2 complex cysts are present, the larger measuring 2.5 cm. although septations and internal echos are present no color flow doppler is seen with this lesion. the other cyst has similar appearance but is smaller. free fluid is present in the pelvis. my symptoms are: sex is painful, i am very bloated. passing lots of gas, my period was occurring 2 wks for 3 mths then it stopped. no period has occurred for 2 mths. bowel movements still uncomfortable, my breasts are very tender, Should i be concerned? could this be my cancer returning? i live a very healthy lifestyle and exercise frequently. any advice is appreciated

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2011
Ovulation and Ovaries Answer A19625
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Your symptoms could be due to the presence of the cysts. Consider visiting your gynecologist for further evaluation and investigations to see what the cysts could be due to help you start with appropriate treatment. Painful intercourse and uncomfortable bowel movements (along with free fluid in pelvis), could be suggestive of PID (pelvic inflammatory disease). You might need to be in continuous follow-up and monitoring for the ovarian cysts for further changes.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.