I have been having moderate to severe stabbing pain in my lower right abdomen for the better part of 10 years. I recently got seen by a GI physician and he said I may have Crohn's. I have been on several medications such as Asacol and Lialda with really no results. I also was told I was anemic during a seperate medical exam.
Anyone have any advice or suggestions? The pain is getting to be really tiresome and annoying.
Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Tablets you were prescribed are usually used for treating mild to moderate symptoms of bowel inflammatory disease.
When the above mentioned tablets aren't helpful in easing the symptoms, another type of drugs, like antibiotics ciprofloxacin and metronidazole are tried.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....