User Profile
I'm having some trouble finding an SSRI that I seem to like. I have tried Prozac/Paxil/Zoloft/Luvox/Viibryd in that class and for SNRI Venlafaxine/effexor.

I tried to go off Zoloft for 6 days after help from my doctor with a taper off. I have hit my sixth day off Zoloft and I feel HORRIBLE. My anxiety/ocd symptoms have been so bad I have had very bad thought control. I contacted my doctor and he said that since I just came off, he doesn't want me to go back on so soon (I wasn't expecting to have so many issues off Zoloft). Now, I am unsure whether to go back on and not let my doctor know, or to tell my doctor and have him get greatly upset with me for this matter. I am completely clueless as he just told me today I really need to limit "med switching" and I'm pretty confident that he may be upset with me if I tell him I need to go back on Zoloft until I can see him in 11 days. I don't want to be on an amphetamine and no SSRI and have panic attacks every day. HELP!!!

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2017
Anxiety and Stress Answer A61817
Welcome to e health forum.

First the management of your symptoms or issues need to be done with proper counselling and mind control.

Having a reactive approach to life and thinking that you have to find the only perfect drug to help you feel whole is incorrect. Since antidepressents work by modulating the hormones and neurotransmitters in the brain, you will always end up having some form of side effect, which you may not desire.

The best way would be to seek proper counseling (psychotherapy), practice meditation that can help you to control your mental urge to respond physically for every thought of yours. This may help in managing your anxiety issues including your panic disorder.

Medications also should not be frequently changed within a short time, as it will be counterproductive.

You need to take your doctors opinion seriously and not depend on suggestions that are offered by peers.

I hope this clears your doubts.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Anxiety, Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.