Hi, I was involved in a car crash eleven weeks ago. My injuries were broken ribs, broken collar bone, lacerations in small and large bowel and a broken back. Since I've been home (nine weeks) and recovering (walking) I've been feeling discomfort in my right foot/ankle.

The pain is at it's worse at night and first thing in the morning. It hurts to put weight on it in the morning, but this soon wears off. It then hurts if I try twisting/turning the ankle. I can put weight on it 90% of the time ok. I feel the injury is getting worse. Have I done something to the ligaments?

Thanks for any help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 22nd, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Sarah,

Yes, it is very possible you could have injured the ligaments within the ankle/foot region. When you are involved in an accident with several significant injuries, some minor ones may be overlooked at the time. Then later, they become apparent.

But, there are other things that could be wrong also. You could have had a nondisplaced fracture or a chondral injury inside the ankle joint, to the talar dome. Besides other things.

You should have your orthopedic surgeon take a look at the ankle for a good examination and x-rays.

Good luck.
|

replied October 22nd, 2011
Many thanks for your reply. It's a great help.

Sarah
|
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....